Friday, June 21, 2024

Performing at Make Music Upper Perk 2024

By Nate Feldman

The keyboard at the Chibi Cafe 



For the third consecutive year, I performed music at the Make Music Upper Perk festival, which celebrates local musicians on June 21, the International Day of Music.  I played two venues.  The first was Chibi Cafe on Main Street in East Greenville, PA.  The second event, also in East Greenville, was at the Center at Open Link, a community center for mostly seniors in the surrounding area.  

I played the Chibi Cafe from 9-9:30 AM.  I performed a number of songs all related to a season of the year.  I started with songs related to summer.  Then, I did my fall medley and followed that with six Halloween-related tunes.  I concluded with my Winter Medley.  

From 10:45-11:15, I performed at the Center at Open Link.  At this event, I showed three videos I have posted on you tube during the past year.  This was my first time showing videos at a public event, so I was very excited to show that side of my creative pursuits.  The three videos were Nate's News March-April 2023, A Snowy Week in PA, January 15-21, and Nate's Frightenin Films, Episode 1.  I concluded by playing my summer related tunes on keyboard for the audience.  

After I was done my performance, I enjoyed having lunch at the center with visitors and April, a volunteer with Make Music Upper Perk.  Afterwards, I stayed around to watch the next performance by Steve Walker, a local guitarist who makes enjoyable, and often quite amusing, songs.  

As usual, my time playing with this venue was enjoyable and I met some very friendly and supportive people, both at the Chibi Cafe and the Center at Open Link.  I am hoping to play at both places again soon in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Performing at Make Music Upper Perk 2024

By Nate Feldman The keyboard at the Chibi Cafe  For the third consecutive year, I performed music at the Make Music Upper Perk festival, whi...